Thursday, March 20, 2008

Officer families. . .to the rescue!


When we came to Georgia, I had a very hard time the first week DH was gone. I didn't know anyone, didn't have a job and was bored out of my mind! I did end up finding a job pretty quickly, and with that job came a lot of time to spend on the computer (its a receptionist job!) So I was trying to find anyone else whose wife was also in Georgia. Thats when I cam across a wonderful site called officerfamilies.com. It has been my life boat! The ladies on there know just about everything you can know relating to the military. They have been there and done that, so who else better to answer your questions than someone who knows first hand what they're talking about? I can honestly say that the website was and still is a huge part of what has helped get me through the transistion of moving somewhere foreign (okay, Georgia might not be exactly foreign, but coming from a town where I couldnt go anywhere without seeing someone I knew, this was foreign!)

No comments: