Saturday, September 15, 2012

Make Your Own Bread!

Over the years, I have found out many things to be true concerning thrift stores...one of them being, they always have at least one bread machine in stock! And if yours doesn't, then...well, I guess I'm wrong ;-)

I have always considered purchasing one, but never made the plunge. Until 2 weeks ago when I came across a great looking one. On the top it said, "It Works!". I trusted that sticker and I put that shiny bread machine in my cart. The price was $8 and I was willing to give it a whirl.

Let me just tell you, I'm mad at my own self for not trying sooner. Bread machine bread far beats the taste & price of any store bought bread. My mom used to make it all the time for us and I just can't believe I forgot how delish it is!

So, run to your nearest thrift, grab the prettiest looking bread machine you can find, give it a good scrub and then try this recipe!

Easy Bread Machine Bread
1 package bread machine yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
3 1/2 cups of bread machine flour
1/4 cup oil
Pinch of salt

Put yeast and water in the bread machine and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast dissolves and gets foamy.
Then, dump remaining ingredients in and set your machine for a regular loaf of bread...this would be the best time to prepare your taste buds to be amazed.
You'll also want to make sure you have lots of real butter to slather all over your slices.
I could eat it for a meal...so so so yummy!
Do you have a great bread machine recipe?
Share it with us!!!

Like this idea or recipe? Pin it for safe keeping!!!


2 comments:

Aprille said...

i LOVE bread machine bread. Melt in your mouth yummy! Normally I make a lot in the fall but not this year since I'm grain free... boo! yet another thing I miss! But I'm SOOOOOO glad that you can enjoy this for me!

SimplyStylin said...

Ok, so now I'm going to try to convince my husband to let me get another appliance we don't have room for! LOL!! :)