Tuesday, April 17, 2012

egg hunt labor day

Saturday, April 7, 2012.

Our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt day. 

 I was so excited about taking Caleb. 
 We got all Easter-y and I was dead set and determined to get pictures. 
 I especially had the urge to get Seth to take a 39 week belly picture of me (FYI Seth hates taking pictures AND being in pictures) since most of mine were done via bathroom mirror with iphone in hand.
I am so glad I made him though because unbeknownst to me, it was my last "belly shot".
Sometimes it pays off to nag your husband ;-)

Then of course I wanted one with my little man.
He was about as thrilled to be in the picture as his daddy was to be taking it.

We walked about a 1/2 mile to the egg hunt.  I needed the walk, even though I was feeling a little strangely tired and worn out at 10am.  

Caleb had a good time even though it took him a minute to understand the rules of the game. 

 I had been coaching him on proper egg huntery all week long, but he was really out of it Saturday morning (later we would find out he was sick...).  
My coaching skills need work apparently.  

Luckily, I had Seth to the rescue.  We managed to score a good amount of eggs...Caleb was happy and so were we.

Easter Egg Hunt success!

The egg hunt was fun but I could tell Caleb wasn't feeling great.
After watching a grown man, who didn't know we were walking straight towards him, throw his candy wrapper in our wagon (seriously people?!?) we headed back home after about 30 minutes of egg hunting and bounce house jumping.
1/2 mile back home we go, laughing at the man who must have been really embarrassed when he realized we totally caught him ditching his trash in our nice, red, radio flyer wagon.
Okay, can you tell I was 9 months pregnant and just about everything was really irking me???
I just got sidetracked...back to the story.

We got home and I started to clean the house but after about 30 minutes, I had to stop and sit down.  I ate a baked potato thinking that would help, but it didn't do that much for me.
I just kept telling Seth I was super tired and I didn't know what was wrong with me.  
Caleb had been sick on and off again so I was thinking that I was coming down with whatever he had...little did I know that by the time 2am rolled around, I would be in the middle of major labor!

I can't wait to tell you the rest of my birth story, but right now I need to take a nap while both of my little chillen's are asleep!  

All I can say is that going into labor naturally is a lot more eventful than being induced! ;-)

to be continued...


Tasha Lehman said...

Oooh! Can't wait to hear more! You little teaser!

April said...

Love this! Ive been waiting to hear your birth story! I told you it was a full moon that night ;) I agree. Going into labor naturally rules! Can't wait to hear part 2!