Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY: Wooden Ruler Height Chart



I went to Home Depot and had them cut a $5 board in half for me.
This is about 4' tall.

Choose what color you'd like to "stain" your board.  I choose to use a black (even though I took a picture of a white bottle!)
You mix about 1 part of acrylic paint to 3 parts water.
You can also use wood stain too, whatever you'd like!

I used some paper towels and wiped them all over my board until I got the color I wanted.  Dab excess off with a clean paper towel and let dry.



I used two different rulers. My "T" ruler rocked...I wouldn't have been able to get my lines nearly as straight without it...you can buy them for pretty cheap at any craft or office supply store.  They might even have them at Walmart and Target.
It's pretty much just a T-shaped ruler.
Also, don't forget to measure how far off the floor you will be hanging your chart.  I started at the 6" mark.  That is why I didn't start with the one inch number.

If you have a stencil, that would be perfect! If not, you can also free hand it like I did.  


I can't say enough great things about Sharpie Oil based paint pens.  I've used many brands of paint pens and this one ROCKS!



Caleb woke up before I finished my project.  He supervised.



 I also sprayed a clear coat all over the ruler, just for a little extra protection.



Caleb had some fun with it!



Now...where to hang it?!?


***Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter the giveaway!!!!!***

No comments: