Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY: Stamp & Paint Baby Sleeper


This is a simple tutorial on how to snazzy up a plain sleeper (or onesie, or t-shirt or pair of pants, or, or, or...)

Step 1: Start with a plain sleeper.
  I found this cute one, brand new at a thrift store.  I loved the simple grey and white stripe design (can't wait to put it on my bebe!)



 Step 2:  Gather supplies as though you're a pilgrim gathering food on Thanksgiving day.
  Okay, you don't have to work that hard.  
In fact, you only need three items: your choice of fabric paint, a foam brush and some letter stamps OR stencils.  I found these large stamp letters at Joanne's on sale one day and had to grab them up and I have used them on tons of projects. 


Step 3:  Liberally apply paint to your stamp, and stamp away!  
Being careful to make sure you line things up nicely.  Don't forget to put a piece of cardboard or card stock in the sleeper so the paint doesn't leak through.


Tah Dah! 
 Make sure to follow the instructions on the back of the bottle of fabric paint.  I have found after you let the paint dry really good, laying a towel over top of your design and ironing over the towel heat sets the fabric paint, allowing for more durability.
  Definitely allow for as much time as possible for the paint to dry before you wash it!



How simple and cute is this?
Inexpensive too!
I'd love to see your painted clothing if you get crafty and decide to paint something :)

Happy Monday everyone...
I hope this is the start of a GREAT week for you!!!



1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

We had that same outfit for our youngest! I loved it! Can you make me one of these if we have another??? =)