Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh Captain! My Captain!

Thursday was a beautiful day for Seth's promotion ceremony.  One of my favorite parts of the Army are all of their traditions and ceremonies.  My job was to rip off his lieutenant patch, throw it as hard as I could, put the new Captain patch on and then punch him...how lady like does all that seem???  Not very, but it was tradition and fun and I am so proud of Seth for making the promotion list early :)  Caleb also had fun looking at all the tanks and picking up rocks...haha...what more can I expect from a 2 year old at a military ceremony?











8 comments:

jessica said...

What a fun tradition! I too love army traditions :) At my husbands promotion to Cpt, (he was in Iraq at the time, so this was all done through VTC) the BC had his wife pin the wives of the promotees to Major.. so that we would always out-rank them at home. It was really fun :)
Congratulations!!!

Jessi @ Make Your Marx at Home said...

awww! Great pictures! so happy for him!

Unknown said...

I hope you "hit" him hard! That's always my favorite part! CONGRATS!!

Nancy said...

Congrats!! I love the pictures, you have a beautiful family. :0)

JG said...

Yay! Congrats Seth!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!! That's so awesome.

Anonymous said...

PS love your outfit for his ceremony...Pat's West Point graduation is in two weeks and I am already outfit planning for that...do I wear something that will look good with his uniform that day?!? decisions! haha

Lisby said...

Hi, I just found your shop on etsy, the peacock bowl actually. It has meaning because my husband is very much Mark Wahlberg from "The Other Guys" I'm a Peacock, ya gotta let me fly!" It struck me that you were in Ft Benning because we lived there while my husband was in Airborne school. Now we're at Fort Campbell. Awesome to find another Army wife!!