Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vlog Debut- Regional Dialect

I saw this first over at Pickles on Pizza which she saw over at The Ruffly Owl.  When Seth and I did the video, I hadn't watched the original (at The Ruffly Owl) so I really wasn't sure what it was meant for, but I figured it had something to do with the accents that we have...then I watched the original one and realized I was right...it's about your regional dialect, which can be pretty funny!  OR will be even funnier if you try to get your husband to make a video with you doing this, without telling him the point of it..and for my plan ahead, "A" personality husband, this was torture :) 
 This is my debut vlog and I will admit that right before we did the video I had the giggles, majorly....and still had them while we were doing it!  It was a lot of fun though, and I learned a little bit more about Seth.   I will post the words and questions you are supposed to say and you can try it out yourself...and if you're feeling giddy, video and post it for us to see!





Say these words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

Now answer these questions:

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?

What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?

What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?

What do you call gym shoes?

What do you say to address a group of people?

What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?

What do you call your grandparents?

What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?

What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?

What is the thing you change the TV channel with?


P.S.  I have NO idea why the video is cutting off 1/2 my face...sorry!

9 comments:

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I love it! I'm so doing this tomorrow when Mike gets home! BTW -- when it rains & the sun is shining, we say the devils beating his wife, haha. And if you look under a rock, you'll find a hair the color of the man you'll marry. LOL!

Amy @Lovin this Life said...

This was hilarious! I really want to try to get Matt to do this with me...our responses are going to be a little different than yours though...since we were raised in Georgia!

Amy

Angela said...

LOL! I love the look he gave you when you said - "rainbow"

Oh and I used to call it a buggy but somehow changed to cart over the years.

VERY cute!! I loved it!!

April said...

I laughed myself silly with this vlog! Love it! I need to see if Jason would do this with me. I think he and I would definitely differ in our responses. You two are adorable!

Wife, Mama, Teacher said...

LOL! Seth was cracking me up at the end! I am totally doing this with Tristan, and I guarantee he will freak out not knowing what the purpose is!

The McBride Family said...

Ok I've been blog stalking you for a while now and I have to comment about how adorable that video was! :) You guys were so cute! Also the buggy/cart thing was so funny to me! I am from AZ and when I first got to GA it CRACKED me up that people called it a buggy. Seriously I giggled about it to my AZ friends. And there you are giggling about your husband calling it a cart! So funny how things are different in different states. Thanks for the smile!

Angela said...

This was hilarious to watch, the laughter was very infectious even. So funny at the end too when Seth called you out and you admitted that you didn''t know what it was for either- just supposed to do it and put it on your blog. Too funny!

I call it a cart also btw, not buggy ;o)

Jen said...

This was funny. Seth is hilarious, "carbonated water or soda." hahaha.

Jen said...

I also did this and linked you back! Check it out on my blog. :)