Thursday, October 7, 2010

Glitter Candy Bowls

Halloween craft #2:
I bought three $.99 glass bowls (even though I only photographed two...because I am a confused person) and two bags of candy corn (Seth doesn't like candy corn, so this was a good choice because I don't have to worry about him eating it all! haha)


Step 1: Using some Elmers glue, I drew the words "Trick", "or" and "Treat" on each bowl.

Step 2: Cover the glue in the glitter of your choice

Step 3:
Fill with candy...to go back and do this again, I would not have used the orange glitter because after I filled the bowl with candy corn, I couldn't see the word very well...so the black and purple glitter may work better if you plan on filling your bowls with candy corn.

Step 4 (optional):
I also added a web, spider and pumpkin to the back of each bowl just because I was having way too much fun playing with the glitter! And yes, my spider looks like a creature of some sort...oops.




Voila!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea!

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! I would also use candy corn cause I don't like so it would last in our house:)

kasiaw said...

I absolutely LOVE these! But I am worried about the glitter coming off :l

These have to be hand washed correct?

Also do I have to work fast in order for the glue not to drip?