Remember the black armoire that I wanted to makeover? Well, I finally finished it. After several coats of paint and a few designs that were painted over, I finally came up with something I like (for now at least, I am always changing my style!).
3 coats of white paint
Medium grain sandpaper for distressing
Using the same technique for the baby painting to do the design on the doors.
I tried changing out the knobs for some pretty aqua glass knobs that I got on sale at anthro, but I didn't like the way it looked so I just painted the original ones white. I am very satisfied with it. I didn't want it to be completely traditional but I didn't want it to be really modern either. I tried to find a good balance between traditional modern. I really wanted to do turquoise on it but I made myself commit to yellow because I have sooo much turquoise in my living room already! I just can't get enough of that color! I am also working on a lampshade makeover...I hope to have it finished and ready to show you guys by the end of the week. Being on a creative hiatus in Texas for the past few weeks has really given me a lot of creative energy. I am getting projects knocked out left and right...that and some coffee has been very helpful. Caleb likes to grab my pencils when I put them down and draw on thing. So far he has managed to scribble scrabble on my armoire door and the front door...I guess he has the creative bug too :-)