Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bummer

Remember back to when the only thing I could stand to eat was Mexican? Seth was so kind about it and indulged my nausea by enduring Mexican food at least 3 times a week!!! I would lay in the bed at night thinking about fajitas and I woke up in the morning thinking about fajitas. Thankfully, my Mexican craving died down, although I could still eat it everyday! Yesterday, Seth and I contemplated eating at our very favorite Mexican restaurant. I mean, when I say favorite, I mean favorite. Back home, we thought we had a favorite called "La Carreta" that was until we found "El Patio" and we were in love. We decided not to spend the money eating out, but as we were driving by, I didn't see the sign on the restaurant. I figures maybe it fell down and they were in the process of having it repaired. So, today I was out and about and decided to drive by the restaurant just to make sure the sign was indeed broken. I walked up to the door, only to find a sign on it saying they relocated and were closed. Since they didn't leave the relocation address, I have to assume that they moved far away. I am devastated! What am I going to do??? I can't imagine my life here without El Patio. It is all I have ever known. It was my glimmer of hope amidst weeks of nausea and sickness and now it is gone. I guess we will have no choice but to try the other Mexican restaurant that we never tried because we hit the jackpot at El Patio. Wish us luck!

Also, I went to the doctor yesterday. I have gained too much weight, but I don't care. I was extra super careful. I have been eating apples for snack, spinach salad for lunch and cut out most of my sugar substituting it for splenda or just having fruit for dessert. According to the doctors scales, mine are way off! She said, "My! You had a good month!" What is that supposed to mean? Then she followed it up with, "Well, you don't look like you are gaining too much weight, but I would still try to be careful." I was very sad, but I got over it quickly. I don't feel huge, so I just have to keep doing the best I can and hope that when the baby comes I can lose it as easily as I gained it! I also took my glucose test. She said she would only call me if the results came back and weren't good. I haven't heard from her today so I guess all is well! The baby is measuring 28 weeks, which is exactly how many weeks along I am. Now I have to do "kick tests" where I take an hour a day and make sure he moves at least 4 times. Today I haven't had to take the time out to do it because he woke me up with hiccups and hasn't stopped moving/hiccuping all day!

6 comments:

Allison Farley said...

I am due February 10th

Allison Farley said...

Wow! That is so funny! How have you been? I haven't really talked to you since high school!

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear about your favorite restaurant. That is such a bummer! Hopefully you guys will find another special place that is really great!

Clifford Jeffery said...

What????? WHy didn't you tell me?? How AWFUL!!!!
I had fun with you today!!!

Heather Smith said...

There used to be a Mexican restraunt here called Chi Chi's. It closed and my whole family was sad!! Nothing has quite ever replaced it, but I'm on the search!
And as long as your little one is healthy, that is all that matters!!

EngineerHousehold6 said...

I loved the banana burritos they had there! Hopefully if they relocated they didn't go too far away (and just forgot to put the address on the door?).

As for the weight gain, I wouldn't worry unless you start to have migraines and high blood pressure (sign of preclampsia). Also, if you plan to breastfeed, that will help the weight come off a bit faster too or at least it does for me. I'm excited for you both! They really do grow up fast, so enjoy every minute!