Monday, February 6, 2012

Make It Yourself: Fro Yo


This is such a pregnancy craving right now...I love all those fro-yo (frozen yogurt) places out there that are the new trend.  
What's there not to like about delicious frozen yogurt, a bazillion toppings to choose from and super fun names like, "Chill" and " Sweet Frog" and "Kraze Yogurt"?!?

For us, it's the price tag :-(
We love going but it's definitely a special treat because we just can't justify spending $10-$15 on frozen yogurt on a regular basis.
Soooo, I decided it was time to figure out how to enjoy my own fro-yo on my own budget.



I've included some yummy sounding frozen yogurt recipes...or you can just bypass that and buy your own frozen yogurt at the grocery store.  
Our local Grocery (Publix) has some great frozen yogurt options and they sell for less than ice cream.  
I also think that Sherbet is a great option for this!

Then, you just need to stock up on your toppings.  
It may seem like you're spending more at first but when you break it down into the amount of servings all your toppings will provide, it's a much cheaper option!
I bought some fresh kiwi and strawberries, chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and maraschino cherries (I also poured some cherry juice on top!).

It was delicious.  I was going to buy some gummy bears too because that is Caleb's favorite topping, but I totally forgot to stop on the candy aisle at the store today.
  I think marshmallows will be a good substitute for him though :)

Here are a few, delicious looking recipe links!



this one looks so good and the perfect vanilla base to all your toppings!

What are your families favorite fro-yo toppings???

1 comment:

beckylbranch said...

oh that looks SOOOOOOOOOOO good!