Monday, April 18, 2011

Cheaters Chicken and Rice Soup and Other Diddle's

Like this idea?
Pin it for safe keeping!

Last week my allergies exploded...as in I felt like my head was filled with sand.  I'm constantly sneezing, coughing, my eyes are watery.  I'm pretty sure I am in the midst of a sinus infection and after all of our house hunting this past weekend, I am worn smack. dab. out.  The thing about being sick is that I always want chicken soup but I never feel like making it.  Today I was determined to make it but instead of the hour long process that it takes me to make it all from scratch, I cheated and it is the best chicken soup I have ever had...fo ril yo.  I won't be going back to the old recipe.
Here's the recipe for my Cheater's Chicken and Rice Soup:
1 package of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (Whole Grain Chicken Medley, pictured)
1 can of chicken broth
6 cups of water
1 rotisserie chicken
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 cup of diced carrots (frozen or fresh)
dash of pepper

Add your rice, broth, carrots, cumin, pepper and water in a large pot and bring to a boil while you tear the rotisserie chicken into small pieces.  I added some of the skin to the pot also to give it some flavor and I used a breast, thigh and leg.  You can add as much chicken as you want.  I ended up using 1/3 of the chicken.  I also added some of the good juice from the plastic rotisserie container that the chicken came in (fatty broth..how could I resist?)
I let it come to a boil and then I cut a couple of thick slices of french bread to dip in my soup.  
I'm feeling better already!

***This is the last day to enter for the current giveaway! Click HERE to enter :)
****Will you vote for me?  I know I am annoying to keep on asking but you know you love me! ;-)
Click HERE to vote! Just click the orange thumbs up symbol!
*****AND there's still time to enter the CREATE blog party! Join in on the fun with us!!!

1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

yum. amazing. So happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. xoxo. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com