Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I said, when Sept 1 comes around. . .

I am FALL-ing out the house!!! That means, I get to celebrate fall :) I was patient and waited until September 1. Here are a few fallish things I like to do:

Make a Nutty Latte:
Hazelnut coffee
Hazelnut Syrup (I opt for sugar free since I am still trying to lose this baby weight!)
1/2 & 1/2
Whipped Cream (yet again, I use reduced fat...my fall jeans that I can't fit into are calling my name)
Sprinkle of nutmeg on top = yumm-o-licious!


Make the house smell warm & cozy the store bought way



Or the homemade way!
Make my (really my moms) favorite fall simmer:
Orange peels
Cinnamon sticks
Water
Simmer together on stove to fill the house with a wonderful fall scent
You may also want to add nutmeg or cloves to the mix

I know some people don't believe in Halloween, much less decorating for it, but I grew up in a house that loved Halloween. Not because we loved witchcraft, but because we loved dressing up and putting the black reese cup wrapper on our front tooth to make it look like we were missing one! Halloween is what you make it and I like to make it a fun, not evil,a holiday.





Do you have any summer shirts that could use a lift? Caleb and I had a few white tops that were dingy. I bought some Black Velvet Dylon for $1.98 and dyed our clothes to a pretty grey color (the color in the picture isn't a good representation). Great to put under sweaters for fall! They have other neat colors too and it is the perfect way to make a new shirt out of an old one...and for really cheap :-) This is also great for clothes that have light stains on them and in the baby world, that's a lot of clothes. Try it and send me a picture...I'd love to see what you come up with!



3 comments:

Adriane said...

Love your ideas! The latte sounds VERY yummy!

JG said...

Ah, my mom always made simmer every fall. I need to learn how to do that!

Aprille said...

never thought about dying stained shirts. I'm horrible at ruining white shirts but now I have an idea of what to do with them! thanks kathlyn!