Saturday, January 10, 2009
These are a few of my beauty. . .ful things
No, I am not a beauty expert or the queen of beauty products by any means, but I thought if I was ever going to do this post it should be now before my beauty regiment gets changed to "whatever the heck I can get my hair and face looking like and take care of that baby!"
So on that note, here are a few of my favorite beauty selections!
1. Wal-Mart brand of the Oil of Olay exfoliating face wipes. These are great! They have a ton to choose from. I like the little exfoliater beads on these though. I just take a wipe and wipe my face. It doesn't get the eye make-up off, but no need to fear, I have a solution for that as well. These are perfect if you hate washing your face (pretty much if you are lazy and just want to go to bed!)
2. Maybelline eye make-up remover for waterproof mascara. No, I do not use waterproof mascara, however they have two different kinds. One is for regular mascara (in the blue bottle) and the other is for waterproof (in the pink bottle). The one for the regular mascara is terrible! It does NOT take eye make-up off! So I tried the other one and it works like a charm. You just have to wipe the extra cleaner off with water. My favorite is still Mary Kay's eye make-up remover, but for $3.50, this one is a steal!
3. Proactiv face lotion. This summer, after fighting with breakouts on my face since high school, I decided to give into one of those TV commercials and order me some Proactiv. I didn't think it would work for me because nothing had, but I gave it a try. After two months of using it, my face was clear as a whistle! No bumps! I use to use the wash, toner and lotion, but I ran out of the wash and toner and started just using the lotion for a while. Well guess what? Just using the lotion everyday has kept my acne from returning, so I am sold! There is a brand at Wal-Mart and Target called Acne Free which has the same exact ingredient as Proactiv and is much cheaper, so I will be getting that when I need a replacement. Just make sure you use white towels to wipe your hands off with after applying and if you put it on before bed, use a white pillow case to sleep on. It is benzoyl peroxide, so after time it will lighten fabrics. But it is amazing!
4. Maybelline Colossal Mascara. If you like mascara but don't like standing there forever waiting to get a good enough coat on, this is a time saver. Just a few swipes of this gives you thick lashes and it is much better than having to stand there and keep reapplying to get a good enough coat. My new favorite!
5. Wet n' Wild lip gloss. I have tried a million different lip glosses, and this brand rocks. Plus, they are the cheapest! I like it better than my Victoria's Secret and Estee Lauder glosses. I get it in a bronze color. I would tell you the exact name except that I lost mine on the plane ride home from Texas and have yet to make it to the PX for more. Wal-Mart does not sell this brand anymore, boo! You have to get it at Kmart, or the PX here on base sells it as well. If you like lip gloss, you will love this kind. Plus, with a price of $1.99 you can't help but at least give it a shot :)
6. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo. I am sure the conditioner is just as good. Unfortunately, I went in and bought what I thought was the conditioner. I got in the shower and realized I had accidentally bought the shampoo instead! However, it works like a charm. It is a really creamy shampoo, but it doesn't weigh my hair down like other moisturizing shampoo's. Plus it smells fantastic.
Okay, have I bored you enough yet??? There are so many other things I love but not enough time to write about them. These are my favorites right now though so I thought I would share. I am interested to see my beauty edition post a few months from now. Will it change? I will just have to wait and see!