Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday tip day




Do any of you splurge on shampoo and conditioner? Redken, Biolage, Paul Mitchell? They are all pretty pricey just to be rinsed down the drain. Here is a money saving tip. Shampoo is not nearly as important for your hair as conditioner is. Shampoo is merely getting the dirt and oil out of your hair and they all work the same way. The clear shampoo's are harsher on your hair and really strip away the dirt. These are good to use once every couple of weeks to get the build up off of your hair. The creamier ones are not as harsh and have a moisturizer added to them, which make your hair shinier and smoother but can cause build up. So it is nice to have both around. Okay, back to my money saving tip. Instead of buying expensive shampoo and conditioner, splurge on just your conditioner instead. Even if you don't use the really expensive brands, you can still save. If you use Pantene, or Herbal Essences, etc. you are paying $3-5 per bottle. Try buying the suave brand of shampoo and go ahead and buy the brand name conditioner. If you need a color protecting shampoo, try Suave Professionals line. They have a color protecting shampoo that works just as well as the Biolage shampoo for color-treated hair and it sells for around $1.99! As far as conditioner goes, I use a deep conditioner every time I shampoo, which cuts down on split ends and the need for trims (even though you still should go and get a trim every 6-8 weeks! But I am trying to let my hair grow so I usually wait about 12 weeks, oops). My favorites are Aussie 3 minute miracle deeeep conditioner which is under $3.00 and Pantene's restoratives time renewal which is around $3.00. I thought I would share this with you because I am just so smart, haha. No really, I have just spent way too much time thinking about hair and money. My nanny is also a hairdresser, so I learned all that I know from her, and she knows what she is doing :) Take it or leave it, just my Friday tip for ya!

1 comment:

Newmans Wildcats said...

Thanks for the tip - I'm gonna do as Mama-To-Be Says to (one this one).