Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yummm


This is what I had for lunch today. It was sooo good that I decided to find the recipe so I can make it myself. Hopefully you all will enjoy too!


O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup

Ingredients
3 lbs red potatoes
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
8 cups half and half
1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta Cheese, melted
white pepper
garlic powder
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 lb bacon, fried crisp
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Directions
1. Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Place in large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil.
3. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.
4. In a separate pan, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
5. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly.
6. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
7. Add melted Velveeta.
8. Stir well.
9. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
10. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
11. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.

1 comment:

Newmans Wildcats said...

I think I just felt an artery clog as I read the ingrediants, but I'm gonna try anyways!