Friday, April 25, 2008

everything i can think of




These are our engagement pictures from last year right around this time. I have never made an online album of them and most of my friends and family haven't seen them since I only had a couple framed, so I thought I would post a few here :)

Yesterday, the moving man came and he says that it will be a one day move! Yay! The only thing I have to figure out now is how to get the carpet cleaned. The apartment complex brought me the list of everything that needs to be done before we can move out. Of course I know the usual things. I intend to leave the apartment very clean, but this list was just outrageous! If for some reason I forget to clean the window sills before we leave, we are charged $10, for dusty window sills?! If I dont clean the inside of the dishwasher it's another $10, and so on. Goodness, the last apartment we moved out of just asked us to leave it tidy and then they sent their own cleaning service in to deep clean (which should be done between renters regardless of how clean the previous tenant left it!) Anyways, it really isnt that big of a deal, just another task to add to the list.
Seth parachuted off of the big towers yesterday and he loved it. He did everything right and didn't get hurt. They actually already have you in the harness and they slowly pull you to the top, feet hanging. I asked him if he got really nervous as he was slowly getting farther and farther away from earth. He said at first he did but surprisingly the higher up he got, the more relaxed he became, not me!
Today, my work is taking me out for a goodbye lunch to a German restaurant. Its actually the same one I went to with all the OCS wives the day of the "snowboarding" incident. I am very excited, especially for some German potato salad. I really will be sad tomorrow when I leave. I have met so many great Christian people here, but I left them my card (thanks to Joey who showed me how I can get free cards on giggleprint.com!) so hopefully we can keep in touch, but we all know how that goes.
My brother is in Tennessee with his choir and they are competing at the Grand Ol' Opry theatre. I am so jealous of him! He competed in an individual competition with his guitar, so we will see how he did. He is supposed to find out in about an hour!
This was quite the update. I guess a lot has been going on the last couple of days. I feel so overwhelmed right now but I am not sure why. The days just keep passing so quickly and I am losing time to get myself together! Hopefully after tomorrow I will be able to get a lot accomplished since I wont be working any more. We shall see. Well, sorry if this bored you to tears. I prefer to post great pictures of food or furniture, but if thats all I ever posted then it would pretty much defeat the purpose of half on this blog and the whole army life thing, lol. Right now I like to think about other things besides the army because in just a few days they will be the cause of me not having my very own bed until January, haha, there could be lots of worse things, so I will count that inconvenience as a blessing :)

1 comment:

Newmans Wildcats said...

GRAND OLE OPRY!!

That is way cool!!! Good luck to him.