Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hey Yall!!!

Part of the waiting line to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant

Eating dinner at "The Lady and Sons"



Paula Deens buffet: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, squash, black eyed peas, collard greens, cajun pork and jamaican salsa




The Paris Market- one of many beautiful Savannah boutiques



On our way back home, we "stopped" in Savannah. Oh my goodness, it is a place you can't even imagine. The boutiques and the restaurants are unbelievable. We woke up early the first morning to stand in line at "The Lady and Sons" restaurant just to be able to get a reservation for that night (they only take day of reservations). Paula Deen (the lady who started the restaurant) was my first food network favorite. My mom gave me my first cook book and it was Paula Deens. At every holiday party I make Paula Deens Gooey Butter Cake and I got to taste the original Gooey Butter Cake when we went to her restaurant. We also ate at a tah-pahs restaurant, had homemade chocolates and walked our bottoms off! Since my husband will be in training until October, this was his surprise trip for us since we won't be able to take one for a while. We had the best time ever. If you havent been to Savannah, you have to figure out a way to get there!

No comments: